The former seat of the Warmia bishops and the capital of the region, the pride of Lidzbark Warmiński is the Bishops’ castle. A part of it, called przedzamcze, contains a Baroque palace. Visitors enter the Gothic, well-preserved castle from the 14th century, by the drawbridge over the moat. Its chapel has opulent rococo interior decorations. Today the castle houses the Warmian Museum with a rich collection of sacral art. On the hilltop stands the neo-classical Bishops’ palace surrounded by a park. Nicolaus Copernicus lived in the castle between 1503 and 1510.