Kvænangen is a municipality in Troms county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Burfjord. The European route E6 highway goes through the municipality and over the Sørstraumen Bridge, and most people stop at the mountain pass of Kvænangsfjellet to view the fjord scenery.
Kvænangen was established in 1863 when it was separated from the municipality of Skjervøy. The initial population of Kvænangen was 1,677. On 1 January 1965, the Meiland area (population: 12) of Skjervøy was transferred to Kvænangen. On 1 January 1972, the uninhabited area of Mannskarvik was transferred from Skjervøy to Kvænanagen.
The municipality is named after the Kvænangen fjord (Old Norse: Kven(a)angr). The first element is the plural genitive case of kven and the last element is angr which means "fjord". The district used to be mostly populated by Sámi people.The coat-of-arms is from modern times (1990). The arms show three blue harebells on a gray background.