Mt Kinabalu Adventure 4 Days
- Airport transfers
- Quality hotel accommodation in Kota Kinabalu
- Entry permit fee to Kota Kinabalu National Park
- Trekking Permits and Passes
- Support Staff - Guide and porters as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- 3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in Hotel/Lodges along the trek.
- Domestic transport (Kota Kinabalu - Park Headquarters - Kota Kinabalu)
- Daily tours and support while in Kota Kinabalu
- Warm clothes for hiking(Except boots) - please advise us before arrival.
Trek to the top of Mt Kinabalu (4095m/13435ft) the tallest mountain in South-East Asia. Enjoy the incredible sunrise from the summit of Kinabalu. The short but steep 8km clims starts at 1800m and takes you to 4095m. Pass through the lush terrain and different ecosystems as you ascend the peak. Orchids and carnivorous pitcher plants are common sites along the trail. As you reach the highest altitudes the rich forests give way to small plants and finally the open granite slopes of Mt. Kinabalu. Unlike most mountains in Southeast Asia which are volcanic in nature Mount Kinabalu is a great example of a massive pluton formed from granodiorite more similar to the famous Half Dome of Yosemite National Park. Mt Kinabalu is a steep hike but worth it for the great views and experience. You do not need to be an athlete to reach the top just bring your desire.
Day 1 - Arrive Kota KinabaluOur staff will pick you from the airport and provide transport to your hotel. Spend the afternoon shopping at nearby Center Point Mall or along the open markets where hawkers sell a variety of goods along the waterfront. Don’t miss out on the local favorite Bak kut teh a soup whose name translates as “Meat Bone Tea” and is usually eaten with rice or noodles
Day 2 - Kota Kinabalu to Laban RataWe will pick you up early from your hotel to drive the 90km to Kinabalu Park HQ (1866m/6122ft). Here you will join with your porter and begin your trek from the park headquarters and head up the trail to Laban Rata (3,270m) where you will have dinner and spend the night. The food is good at Laban Rata and this Mountain Lodge is equipped with with running water, electricity, indoor showers and toilets.
Day 3 - Trek Laban Rata to Summit to Kota KinabaluWe start at 3:00am after a quick breakfast for the trek to the summit. The trail climbs steeply and then delights as you look across the beautiful peaks, the slick granite slopes and the rays of the sun light up the jungle below. The early morning is spent on the summit taking pictures and enjoying the views before you return to park headquarters where our car and driver are waiting to take you back to your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
Day 4 - Depart Kota KinabaluMorning will be comparatively free. Closer to your time of flight, you will be transferred to the airport in time to board a return flight. Otherwise you can extend your trip to visit Jungles, Hot Springs or to search for Orangutans and Pitcher Plants.
- Airport taxes if applicable
- Travel/medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Visa Fees if applicable
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, donations, tips etc...