Lentvaris is a city in eastern Lithuania, 9 km east form Trakai, an important center of transportation, because many roads and railroads cross here. Lake Lentvaris is located near the city. In the 18th Century, the town of Lentvaris, laid within the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, . It was owned by the Lithuanian noble Sapieha family; and later by the Tyszkiewicz family (since 1850). Following the partitions of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth the town became a part of the Russian Empire. In the 19th century the Tyszkiewicz family had a Tudor-style palace built (in 1885), and founded a park, designed by Édouard André. In 1869 a nail factory was established.