Cornwall College is located on Orange Street in Montego Bay, St. James. Cornwall College is a public high school for boys located on 1, Orange Street in Montego Bay, St. James. It is the third oldest high school in the county of Cornwall. The school was started in 1896 at the Barracks Road in Montego Bay and was originally called "Montego Bay Government Secondary School".
During 1910 and 1911, 34 acres (140,000 m2) of land were bought at the Pleasant Hill Estate where the institution was relocated. The school was officially opened at the new location in 1911 by the then Governor of Jamaica, Sir Sidney Oliver. In 1922, the school was renamed Cornwall College. In 1953, the first Jamaican national to be principal of Cornwall College, E A Barrett became headmaster. The school's population by then had expanded to over 650 boys. Cornwall College was named the first government school in Jamaica and was also the first high school in the West Indies to offer chemistry and physics as subjects in its curriculum. This gave Cornwall College the distinction of producing most of Jamaica's doctors and pharmacists for many years.