The University of Salento is a university located in Lecce
. It was founded in 1955 and is organized in 10 Faculties.
The University of Salento commenced activities in the academic year 1955-56 under the “Salentine University Council”. In 1960 it became the “Free University of Lecce” and passed to Government authority in the 1967/68 academic year.
Since 2005, the University of Salento is a partner of the Euro-Mediterranean Center for Climate Change (CMCC).
These are the 10 faculties in which the university is divided into:
- Faculty of Jurisprudence
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Cultural Heritage
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Science of Education
- Faculty of Political and social sciences