Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
The University of Pisa located in Pisa, Tuscany, is one of the oldest universities in Italy. It was formally founded on September 3, 1343 by an edict of Pope Clement VI, although there had been lectures on law in Pisa since the 11th century. The University has Europe's oldest academic botanical garden (Orto botanico di Pisa), founded 1544.
In 2011 the University of Pisa came in first place among the Italian universities, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Organization of the University:
Nowadays the University of Pisa consists of 11 faculties and 56 departments. These faculties offers a notable amount of courses in their related field of studies:
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- Letters and Philosophy
- Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science & Natural Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
- Political Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- San Nicola is a church in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy. San Nicola is mentioned for the first time,…
- Pisa is a city in Tuscany, Central Italy, on the right bank of the mouth of the River Arno on the…
- The Palazzo delle Vedove (Italian for Widows' Palace) is a palace in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy. …