Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Calabria, Province of Vibo Valentia, Italy
Tropea is a municipality located within the province of Vibo Valentia, in Calabria (southern Italy).
The town is a famous bathing place, situated on a reef, in the gulf of St. Euphemia connected with the mainland by a narrow strip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, toward the south with respect to Vibo Valentia and northward with respect to Ricadi and Capo Vaticano.
Many villages around Tropea produce a particular quality of red onion. In Italy these onions are so famous that cipolla di Tropea ("Tropea onion" or "Tropea's onion") has become an Italian synonym for all red onions. One of the gelaterias in town, Tonino in the Corso, even makes a red onion ice cream (as well as others based on squid ink and nduja, the local spicy salami).
- Franciscan monastery
- 12th century Norman cathedral
- Tropea Castle -destroyed in 1876
- Ricadi is a small rural town, located along the Tyrrhenian coast, in the province of Vibo…
- Briatico is a comune and coastal town in Calabria, Italy, in the Province of Vibo Valentia.
- Nicotera on the Tyrrhenian Sea, is a beautiful little medieval town with an ancient Ruffo's…