Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Tuscany, Province of Florence, Italy
Sesto Fiorentino is a comune in the province of Florence, Tuscany, central Italy. The oldest known human settlement in the area dates from the Mesolithic. The Etruscan presence is known from the 7th century BC, but the town proper was created by the Romans as Sextus ab urbe lapis ("Sixth mile from the Town Milestone").
- Pieve di San Martino (Parish church of St. Martin)
- Palazzo Pretorio (1477).
- Santa Maria a Quinto
- Villa Guicciardini Corsi Salviati
- Villa Paolina
- Villa Villoresi
- Park of Villa Gamba, an English-style garden built in 1853.
- Etruscan findings include the Tomba della Montagnola (7th century BC), the Tomba della Mula and the Necropolis of Palastreto (8th-6th centuries BC).
- The Uffizi Gallery is a museum in Florence, Italy. It is one of the oldest and most famous art…
- The Palazzo Pitti, in English sometimes called the Pitti Palace, is a vast mainly Renaissance…
- The Ponte Vecchio is a Medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River,…