Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Tuscany, Province of Florence, Italy
Scandicci is a comune of c. 50,000 inhabitants in the Province of Florence in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 6 km southwest of Florence. Scandicci borders the following municipalities: Campi Bisenzio, Florence, Impruneta, Lastra a Signa, Montespertoli, San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Signa.
Scandicci's main attraction is the Villa i Collazzi, a Mannerist building whose design is attributed to Michelangelo. Other sights include:
- badia of San Giuliano a Settimo, known from 774.
- Pieve di Sant'Alessandro a Giogoli, in the neighbourhood. Known from 1035, it is in Romanesque style and has a nave with two aisles (the latter, together with the transept, decorated in Baroque style). In the rectory is a fresco by Ridolfo del Ghirlandaio and a canvas by Francesco Conti.
- Pieve di San Vincenzo
- Church of San Martino alla Palma, with a 16th century portico. The interior, on a single nave, houses a 14th century Madonna with Child Enthroned.
- Church of Sant'Andrea, at Mosciano, with some 13th-14th century paintings.
Nearby is also the Abbey of the Saviour.
- The Uffizi Gallery is a museum in Florence, Italy. It is one of the oldest and most famous art…
- The Palazzo Pitti, in English sometimes called the Pitti Palace, is a vast mainly Renaissance…
- The Ponte Vecchio is a Medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River,…