Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Marche, Province of Macerata, Italy
1 wants to go.
Recanati is a town and comune in the Province of Macerata, Marche region of Italy. Recanati was founded around 1150 AD from three pre-existing castles. In 1290 it proclaimed itself an independent republic and, in the 15th century, was famous for its international fair. In the March 1798 it was conquered by Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Church of Santa Maria di Castelnuovo (12th century).
- Montefiore Castle.
- Church and cloister of Sant'Agostino (13th century).
- Carabinieri barracks (14th century).
- Church of St. Vitus.
- Co-Cathedral of St. Flavian (14th century).
- Church of San Domenico (15th century).
- Church of San Pietrino (14th century).
- Church of Madonna delle Grazie (1465).
- Palazzo Venieri, designed by Giuliano da Maiano.
- Palazzo Mazzagalli.
- Neolithic necropolises of Fontenoce and Cava Kock (4th millennium BC).
- Town Museum of Villa Colloredo Mels.
- The University of Macerata (Italian: Università degli Studi di Macerata, UNIMC) is a universi…
- The Shrine of the Holy House or basilica of the Santa Casa (Italian Basilica della Santa Casa), is…
- The Palazzo Buonaccorsi is a palace in Macerata, Marche, Italy. It was built in 1700-1720 for…