The Priamar Fortress (Italian: Fortezza del Priamar) is a fortress occupying the hill with the same name above the port of Savona
, northern Italy
The fortress was built in 1542 by the Republic of Genoa
on a promontory where in medieval times was the nucleus of Savona, by design of architect Giovanni
Maria Olgiati. However, traces of pre-Roman, Roman and Byzantine presences in the site have been excavated in the past centuries, and are now on display in Savona's Archaeological Museum.