Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Sicily, Province of Catania, Italy
Paterno is a town and comune in the Province of Catania, Sicily, southern Italy. The site of Paternò was settled before 3500 BCE. Its inhabitants were probably the Sicani, although it was located in mainly Sicel territory; its initial name was Inessa.
- The Norman Castle, built in 1072 by order of Roger I of Sicily.
- Mother Church (Chiesa Madre di Santa Maria dell'Alto), built in 1342 and largely modified in the early 18th century. It is connected by a scenic staircase to the Porta del Borgo
- San Francesco alla Collina (1346), with a church in Gothic style and remains of Baroque decorations.
- Roccoco church of San Martino al Monte.
- Santa Maria della Valle di Iosaphat, commissioned in 1072 by Adelaide del Vasto, with a precious Gothic portal.
- Associazione Culturale Paternesi.com, a cultural association born in November 2002, from an idea of Giorgio Ciancitto, to take care of the city of Paternò around the World.
- Biancavilla is a town and comune in the Province of Catania, Sicily, southern Italy. It is located…
- Adrano is a town and comune in the province of Catania on the east coast of Sicily. It is situated…
- Centuripe is a town and comune in the Province of Enna (Sicily, southern Italy). The city is…