Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Parma is a city in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna famous for its ham, its cheese, its architecture and the fine countryside around it. This is the home of the University of Parma, one of the oldest universities in the World. Parma is divided into two parts by the little stream with the same name. Parma's Etruscan name was adapted by Romans to describe the round shield called Parma.
- The Romanesque Cathedral houses both 12th century sculpture by Benedetto Antelami and a 16th century Fresco masterpiece by Antonio da Correggio.
- The Baptistery, adjacent to the cathedral was begun in 1196 by Antelami.
- The abbey church of Saint John the Evangelist (San Giovanni Evangelista).
- Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Steccata.
- The Benedictine Monastery of San Paolo, founded in the 11th century.
- The Gothic church of San Francesco del Prato (13th century).
- Church of Santa Croce, dating to the early 12th century.
- Church of San Sepolcro, built in 1275 over a pre-existing religious edifice.
- Church of Santa Maria del Quartiere (1604–1619).
- The Palazzo della Pilotta (1583).
- The Ducal Palace, built from 1561 for Duke Ottavio Farnese
- The Palazzo del Comune, built in 1627.
- The Palazzo del Governatore ("Governor's Palace"), dating from the 13th century.
- The Bishop's Palace (1055).
- Ospedale Vecchio ("Old Hospital"), created in 1250.
- The Teatro Farnese was constructed in 1618–1619
- The Cittadella, a large fortress erected in the 16th century.
- The Pons Lapidis (also known as Roman Bridge or Theoderic's Bridge).
- The Orto Botanico di Parma is a botanical Garden maintained by the University of Parma.
- The Teatro Regio ("Royal Theatre"), built in 1821–1829 by Nicola Bettoli.
- The Auditorium Niccolò Paganini, designed by Renzo Piano.
- The Museum House of Arturo Toscanini, where the famous musician was born.
- Museo Lombardi.
- Sabbioneta is a town and comune in the province of Mantua, Lombardy region, Northern Italy. It is…
- Salsomaggiore Terme is a town and comune in northern Italy. It is located in the Province of…
- Sassuolo is an important industrial centre of the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. The town stands…
Travel Deals Around Parmaview trip details >