Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Lazio, Province of Rome, Italy
4 wants to go.
Mentana is a town and comune in the province of Rome, Lazio, central Italy. Mentana's name in ancient times was Nomentum, to which the Via Nomentana led from Rome. According to Livy, the town was part of the Latin League, which went to war with Rome during the reign of Rome's king Lucius Tarquinius Priscus. Nomentum was one of a number of towns captured by Tarquinius.
- The Castle (c. 1000), housing the Archaeological Museum and is a site of art exhibitions.
- Palazzo Crescenzio
- Funerary Monument of the Appulei, a 2nd century BC travertine frieze
- Museum of the Risorgimento
- Science Museum.
- The Nature Preserve of Nomentum includes the Trentani Park and the Macchia (Maquis shrubland) of Gattacieca, the remains of the ancient city as well as a necropolis of the 8th century BCE.
- The Hadrian's Villa (Villa Adriana in Italian) is a large Roman archaeological complex at Tivoli,…
- The Villa d'Este is a villa in Tivoli, near Rome, Italy. Listed as a UNESCO world heritage site,…
- The Monti Lepini (Italian: Lepini mountains) are a mountain range which belongs to the…