Veneto, Province of Verona, Italy
Meet Locals and Find Travel Companions
Planning a trip? Send an Inquiry
Do you know about this place?Ambassadors Make me one
Legnago is a town and comune in the Province of Verona, Veneto, northern Italy. It is located on the Adige river, c. 43 km from Verona. Its fertile land produces crops of rice, other cereals, sugar, and tobacco.
- Church of San Salvaro (12th century).
- Cathedral (Duomo), from the 18th century.
- The Torrione ("Grand Tower"), dating from the 14th century, the only surviving tower from the old medieval walls.
- Legnago is the birthplace of the composer Antonio Salieri (1750-1825) and of art historian Giovanni Battista Cavalcaselle (1827-1897).
- It has a football club, A.C. Legnago Salus.
- Villa Piovene is a Palladian villa built in Lonedo di Lugo, province of Vicenza, northern Italy.…
- Villa Godi is a patrician villa in Lugo di Vicenza, Veneto, northern Italy. It was one of the…
- The Villa Angarano or Villa Angarano Bianchi Michiel is a villa in Bassano del Grappa, Veneto,…