Ivrea is a town and comune of the Province of Turin in the Piedmont region of northwestern Italy.
Situated on the road leading to the Aosta Valley, it straddles the Dora Baltea and is regarded as the centre of the Canavese area. Ivrea lies in a basin that, in prehistoric times, formed a great lake. Today a number of five smaller lakes — Sirio, San Michele, Pistono, Nero and Campagna — dot the area around the town.
- The Castle, which was built in brick (1357).
- The Cathedral was probably erected in the 4th century AD.
- The Biblioteca Capitolare ("Capitular Library").
- The small Gothic church of San Bernardino.
- The Museum Pier Alessandro Garda.
- The Open Air Museum of Modern Architecture.
- The remains of a 1st century Roman theatre.
- The Old Bridge (Ponte Vecchio) dates back to AD 100.
- The Town Hall built in 1758.
- St. Stephen Tower dates back to 11th century.