Gela is a town and comune in the Province of Caltanissetta in the south of Sicily, Italy. The city is at about 84 kilometers distance from the city of Caltanissetta, on the Mediterranean Sea. The city has a larger population than the provincial capital, and ranks second in land area. Gela is an important industrial city and port town. One important industry that is located here is that of petroleum refinery.
- Regional Archeological Museum.
- The archeological site of Capo Soprano (with the Greek Fortification and ellenistic quarters).
- Greek temples
- The Cathedral, dedicated to the Holy Virgin Assunta, was rebuilt in 1766-1794 over a pre-existing small church of Madonna della Platea. It has two orders façade with Doric and Ionic semi-columns. The interior, with a nave and two aisles, houses a wood with the Transit of the Virgin by Deodato Guidaccia and other 18th centuries canvasses.
- The Castelluccio ("Small Castle"), built in the early 13th century. It is located 10 km from the city.
- Natural Reserve of Biviere di Gela, including a coastal lake surrounded by dunes.
Manfria, with a typical beach with Mediterranean dune landscape, and the Torre di Manfria ("Manfria Tower").