Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Sicily, Province of Syracuse, Italy
Submit your photos! We'll be glad to post them.
Floridia is a town and comune in the Province of Syracuse, Sicily (Italy). Floridia lies 12 km west of Syracuse. Its principal industries are agriculture, livestock, and manufacturing. Neighboring communities are Canicattini Bagni, Palazzolo Acreide, Syracuse, and Solarino.
Floridia's streets are laid out in an even, rectangular grid pattern. The main landmarks are:
- Chiesa Madre S. Bartolomeo Apostolo
- Chiesa di S. Antonio
- Chiesa di S. Anna
- Chiesa del Carmine, whose façade was greatly damaged by the earthquake of 1908, but has since been restored
- Chiesa della Madonna delle Grazie, erected by the Spanish after their victory over the Austrians
- Chiesa di S. Francesco
- Cava di Spampinato, a rock formation of crevices and caves that were created by erosion.
- The Necropolis of Pantalica is a large necropolis in Sicily with over 5,000 tombs dating…
- Megara Hyblaea perhaps identical with Hybla Major – is the name of an ancient Greek colony…
- The Castello Maniace is a citadel and castle in Syracuse, Sicily. It stands on a large promontory,…