Cagli is a town and comune in the province of Pesaro e Urbino, Marche, central Italy. It c. 30 km south of Urbino. Cagli occupies the site of an ancient village on the Via Flaminia, which seems to have borne the name Cale, 24 miles north of Helvillum (now Sigillo) and 18 miles southwest of Forum Sempronii (now Fossombrone). In the 6th century it was one of the strongholds of the Byzantine Pentapolis.
Rocca Torrione - The fortified complex, built in 1481, was designed for Duke Federico III da Montefeltro by Francesco di Giorgio Martini.
Church of San Francesco - The church, dating from 1234, is the pivot around which Cagli was rebuilt in 1289.
Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia - The church bears the same name as the confraternity that has been based here since 1301.
Church of Sant'Angelo Minore - Passing through the loggia (built in a 15th century style, though erected in 1560), the interior has an elaborate main altar dating from the mid-17th century.
Town Halll - Piazza Matteotti - once known as Piazza Maggiore - is dominated by the 13th century Palazzo Pubblico, or Town Hall, built to house the city's governors.
Cathedral Basilica - The Cathedral was modified over a period of a century, starting from 1646.
Church of San Domenico - The church was built by the Celestines, a branch of the Benedictine order, after the reconstruction of the city in 1289.