Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Sardinia, Province of Cagliari, Italy
1 have been here.
Assemini is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Cagliari in the Italian region Sardinia, located about 12 km northwest of Cagliari in the plain of the Cixerri, Flumini Mannu and Sa Nuxedda rivers. It includes notable forest area which are part of the Sulcis Regional Park. It has also a long tradition in the production of ceramics, lasting from the Carthaginian domination.
- Historical Campidano-type houses.
- Church of St. Peter, dating from 11th century but mostly rebuilt in Gothic style under the Aragonese domination in the 16th century. The square façade and the lower part of the bell tower are from the 18th century. The interior has a nave with side chapels in Gothic style.
- Pre-Romanesque Church and Oratory of St. John (San Giovanni, 9th-10th century). It is unusual for its cross plan enclosed within a square, surmounted by a dome, while the arms of the cross are barrel-vaulted. The facade is in limestone.
- Cagliari-Elmas Airport (IATA: CAG, ICAO: LIEE) is an international airport located in the terri…
- Lake Omodeo is an artificial lake, in central west Sardinia, Italy. The lake was constructed in…
- The Basilica of San Saturnino is a Palaeo-Christian church in Cagliari, southern Sardinia, Italy.…
Travel Deals Around Asseminiview trip details >