The Olympia Theatre is a concert hall/theatre venue in Dublin, Ireland, located in Dame Street.
Built in 1879, it was originally called the "Star of Erin Music Hall". Two years later in 1881, it was renamed "Dan Lowrey's Music Hall" and was renamed again in 1889 to "Dan Lowrey's Palace of Varieties". In February 1897 it was closed down and completely rebuilt. When it reopened in November of the same year it was called the "Empire Palace Theatre". The Theatre was eventually renamed The Olympia Theatre. It ran successfully for many years up to November 1974 when it was forced to close following major structural damage (during a break in rehearsals for a production of West Side Story parts of the proscenium arch and the ceiling above collapsed).
The possibility of demolishing the building was considered by the local Council and the owners, however a restoration fund was begun and City Councillors eventually placed a preservation order on the theatre. The theatre was restored and redecorated, allowing it to reopen on 14 March 1977. In November 2004, a truck reversing on Dame Street crashed into the front of the Olympia damaging the building. A cast iron and glass canopy from the 1890s, by the Saracen Foundry in Glasgow, was demolished during the accident but has since been restored.