John F. Kennedy Memorial Park is an inner-city public park in Galway, Ireland, formerly officially named Eyre Square (Irish: An Fhaiche Mhór) and still widely known by that name. The park is within the city centre, adjoining the nearby shopping area of Williams Street and Shop Street.
The park is rectangular, surrounded on three sides by streets that form the major traffic arteries into Galway city centre; the West side of the Square was pedestrianised in 2006.
The origin of the square comes from medieval open space in front of town gate, known as The Green. Mostly markets took place in northern part of the space. The earliest endeavour to glamourize it were recorded in 1631. Some ash-trees were planted and park was enclosed by wooden fence. In 1801 General Meyrick raised stone wall around the square, which was later known as Meyrick Square.
In the middle of the 19th century the whole park underwent a redevelopment in Georgian style. In the 1960s full-scale reconstruction started and iron railings were removed and raised around the backyard of St. Nicholas' Church. In 1965 the park reopened with a new name: John F. Kennedy Memorial Park.