On the north side of the Damanganga river, this fort in Nani Daman is named after St.Jerome, one of the most eminent fathers of the Catholic Church. Started in 1614 AD, after the Mughal Invasion, by the 12th Portuguese Viceroy of India, Dom Jeronimo de Azevado it got completed in the time of Dom Franciso de Gama in 1672 AD. The small fort with high stone walls encloses an area of 12,250 sq. mts. It has three bastions and two gateways. The most conspicuous part of the Fort is the giant gateway facing the river with a large statue of St. Jerome and two giant human figures, on either side of the gateway. The imposing church of Our Lady of the Sea is the principal building within the fort.