The small hamlet of Reis Magos lies on banks of the Mandovi River and is home to two famous landmarks of Goa - the Reis Magos Fort and the Reis Magos Church. The Church, whose whitewashed gabled facade is visible from across the river in Panaji, was built in 1555. The church was dedicated to St Jerome.
The Church interiors are quite colorful and impressive, with the highlight being the multi-colored wood relief showing the Three Wise Men (Reis Magos) bearing gifts to the baby Jesus, which is the centerpiece of the elaborately carved and painted reredos behind the high altar.
Every year on the 6th of January, Reis Magos comes alive with the colorful Festa dos Reis Magos, when the story of the three Kings is re-enacted by local youth playing the parts of the Magi. The locals celebrate the journey of the three kings who went to worship the holy Infant Child with a procession which starts from the Church and goes around the village.