Prashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India, with a three storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The lake is located at a height of 2730 m above sea level. With deep blue waters, the lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar and he is regarded to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast flowing River Beas, the lake can be approached via Drang. The temple was built in the thirteenth century and legend has it was built by a baby from a single tree. The lake has a floating island in it and it is said to be unclear how deep it is, with a diver not being able to determine its depth.
Around Prashar Lake:
- Pandoh: Just 16-km away from Mandi is Pandoh Dam.
- Shikhari Devi: 15-km from Janjheli is situated the ancient temple of Shikhra Devi and is surrounded by some marvellous landscapes.
- Barot : A nice picnic spot situated at a distance of 33 km. from Mandi on the Mandi - Pathankot Highway. It is famous for trout fishing and a ropeway that attracts the tourist.
- Chidi : This little hamlet in an apple growing area is blessed with breathtaking beauty. There are numerous small temples of considerable antiquity not too far away.
- Kamru Nag Lake & Temple : Resting resort for trekkers at a height of 3,334 meteres above sea level on the Mandi - Karsog road. You can start trek from Rohanda. which is 40 km from Sundernagar & 60 km from Mandi. 03 hrs Trek from Rohanda to Kamrunag Lake.