Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Submit your photos! We'll be glad to post them.
National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI) is a research institute of CSIR in Lucknow. It is engaged in the field of taxonomy and modern biology.
- Originally conceptualized and set up as the National Botanic Gardens (NBG) by Professor Kailas Nath Kaul on behalf of the State Government of Uttar Pradesh, it was taken over by the CSIR in 1953.
- Dr Triloki Nath Khoshoo joined in 1964 as the Assistant Director, shortly afterwards becoming the Director.
- Initially engaged in research work in the classical botanical disciplines, the NBG went on laying an increasing emphasis in keeping with the national needs and priorities in the field of plant sciences, on its applied and developmental research activities.
- Due to the untiring efforts of Dr Khoshoo, the institute rose to the stature of being the National Botanical Research Institute in 1978, reflecting the correct nature and extent of its aims and objectives, functions and R & D activities.
- Sikandar Bagh is a famous and historic pleasure garden, located in the grounds of the Institute.
- This white domed mausoleum owes its existence to Ghazi-ud-din Haider, who on the bank of the Gomti…
- Lucknow Zoo is a 71.6-acre (29.0 ha) zoo located in the heart of the capital city of…
- 5 km away from Charbagh Railway Station on the V.I.P. Road, the Bauddha Vihar Shanti Upvan is anothe…
Travel Deals Around National Botanical Research Instituteview trip details >