This dam was constructed in between 1955-57 AD. It is located at about 10 kms away from Krishnagiri. Flower gardens have been developed on either side of the dam in an area of 50 acres. Several thousand acres of land is irrigated under this project. It is a good picnic spot. A children's park is well maintained by the Public Works Department. There is heavy inflow of tourists on weekends. Boating facility is also available. It fulfills the recreational needs of the people.