Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Islamnagar or Islam Nagar is a panchayat village in the Bhopal district of Madhya Pradesh, India. Formerly a fortified city, Islamnagar was the capital of the Bhopal princely state for a brief period. The ruins of the palaces built by Bhopal's founder Dost Mohammad Khan still exist at the site. Islam Nagar lies on the Bhopal-Berasia road.
Originally known as Jagadishpur, the place was founded by the local Rajput chieftains. In the early 18th century, the place was captured and renamed to Islamnagar ("city of Islam") by Dost Mohammad Khan, the founder of the Bhopal princely state. Islamnagar was the original capital of the Dost Mohammad Khan's state. In 1723, Dost Mohammad Khan had to surrender the Islamnagar fort to Nizam-ul-Mulk after a brief siege. Khan was reduced to the position of a kiledar (fort commander) under the Nizam after a peace treaty. The Scindias controlled the Islamnagar fort from 1806 to 1817, when it was restored to Bhopal following a treaty. Several members of the royal family of Bhopal, including Shah Jahan Begum, were born in Islamnagar.
- Islamnagar fort: The ruins of Islamnagar fort can be found running through the farmlands of Islamnagar.
- Chaman Mahal: Chaman Mahal ("Garden Palace") is a red sandstone structure built by Dost Mohammad Khan. It is surrounded by gardens and fountains, and is ornamented with floral motifs. The architecture is a synthesis of the Malwa-Mughal architecture, with Bengali-influenced drooping eaves. The ruined palace has a Mughal water garden and a hamam (Turkish bath).
- Rani Mahal: Rani Mahal ("Queen Palace") is a double-storey zenana complex (female residence). It has a colonnaded Diwan-e-Aam.
- Bhojtal (भोजताल), formerly known as Upper Lake is a large lake which lies on…
- This Palace is interesting from both an architectural and a shopping point of view. there is hall…
- For performing various cultural and social activities Ravindra Bhawan is the only Air-conditional…