This garden is situated on the national highway in village Bijbehara
, about 45 Km from Srinagar
on the bank of River Jhelum. The town of Bijbehara is filled with Chinar trees and hence it is also called "The Town of Chinars". The Chinar trees were imported by Mughal emperors from Iran
to enhance the beauty of the town. This garden was built by Dara Shikoh eldest son of emperor Shah ]ahan in the year 1640 A.D. It served as camping round for Mughal journey. Majestic Chinars add to the beauty of this garden.This garden is spread over an area of 17.15 ha. The Padshahi Garden and the Dara Shikwa Garden are separated by the river Jehlum which is spanned over by a bridge known as "Padshahi Bagh Bridge", thus connecting the two gardens.