Himachal Pradesh, India
Meet Locals and Find Travel Companions
Planning a trip? Send an Inquiry
Do you know about this place?Ambassadors Make me one
Churdhar Sanctuary is named after the Churdhar Peak, which has an elevation of 3647 metres above sea level and is located in Sirmour, Shimla district of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. Churdhar peak is the highest peak in Sirmour district and is also the highest peak in the outer Himalayas. The Churdhar peak has its very religious significance for the devotees of eastern Himachal Pradesh which include the districts Shimla, Sirmour and Solan of the Himachal Pradesh and Dehradun of the Uttrakhand. Churdhar is a Holy Place of Lord Shirgul Maharaj (Chureshwar Maharaj). The place can be approached by lots of routes but the main routes are from Nohradhar, Sirmour of 14 km and Sarahan, Chaupal of 8 km.
- Location- Sirmour, Shimla
- Area: 56.16 sq km
- Speciality- Musk deer and monal
- Best Season- April-June & October-November
- Airways: Jubbarhatti airport (23 km from Shimla)
- Nearest Railhead: Shimla to Kalka narrow gauge railway line
- Nearest City: Chaupal
- The sanctuary has a well connected road network.
- Dominating the entire landscape of fields, forests and ravines is the Churdhar peak, which rises…
- Rajgarh is a town and a nagar panchayat in Sirmaur district in the Indian state of Himachal…
- Habban valley is a village in India which is 70Km from Solan via Rajgarh. The Habban Valley is…