Phone number 1: +36 (52) 412250
Monument: secular public building
Open from: 1. January
Open till: 31. December
Attendability: not for visit
Description: It was as a result of the donation of Mrs. Mátyás Svetits, the widow of a famous Debrecen grocer that in 1896 the Roman Catholic Higher Elementary School for Girls was opened. It was followed by the opening of the Teacher Training Institute in 1898 on the site of the former synagogue, still standing in the courtyard. The large area on the corner of Szent Anna and Sumen Streets has an old and a new building which accommodate the Svetits Catholic Kindergarten, Elementary School, Secondary School and Student Hostel.
Architectural style: others