Phone number 1: +36 (62) 241491
Fax: +36 (62) 241491
Open from: 1. January
Open till: 31. December
Opening hours: By appointment only!
Attendability: By appointment only!
Admission: It is free.
Wheelchair accessible: partially
Description: The construction work started in 1935, the first mass was held in 1937. The plans were made by Gáspár Fábián (1885-1953) thrustworthily to the old christian basilica tradition.The style of the church is very simple. In front of the sanctum there is a large fresco illustrating Hungarian and Polish saints ( by Ferenc Korbuly). On the walls there are 20 windows illustrating jesuit saints. These windows were designed by György Leszkovszky and made by Ferenc Kopf in 1937. The main altar was finished in 1961 by the plans of György Leszkovszky. Above the main altar there is a picture of the patron-saint. The most beautiful piece in the church is the altar dedicated to the heart of Jesus. It is made of green and yellow marble. It was designed by Gáspár Fábián. The doors and the candlesticks are the works of János Gunex. The Heart of Jesus statue is the work of Félix Del Amier. The blessed virgin is the creation of János Fischer. The benches were made from oak. József Kulai and Lajos Ceglédi carved the pulpit. The statue of Saint József (that can be found in the Chapel) is the work of György Vágó. The organ was designed by Béla Kuczor, the bell is the work of László Szlezák in 1939. In the hall they placed a memorial tablet remembering the victims of the war (made by Sándor Návai).
Confession (church): roman catholic