Phone number 1: +36 (94) 505570
Open from: 1. January
Open till: 31. December
Opening hours: 01/01 - 12/31 Times of mass: Mo-Sat: 7.45, 18.00 in winter, 19.00 in summer, Sun: 6.30, 8.00, 11.00, 18.00 in winter and 19.00 in summer
Description: According to tradition, the church was built above the house where the saint was born. The church is in fact the only cultic building in the Carpathian Basin that has been continuously in use since the 4th century. As early as in the 9th century, a church was raised here to replace a graveyard Chapel. The Sanctuary retained Romanesque and Gothic details. The building received its Baroque from between 1668-72. The statue of István Rumi Rajki rests on top of a well – depicting St. Martin baptizing his mother – reminding us to the relationship between one of the most famous natives of the town and his mother.
Confession (church): roman catholic
Architectural style: Gothic