The Samson Pit or Samson Mine is an historic silver mine in Sankt Andreasberg in the Upper Harz region of central Germany. The pit has one of the oldest man engines in the World still working and it can be seen in operation during guided tours. The man engine, installed in the Samson Pit in 1837, used to be driven by the water power of the Rehberg Ditch (Rehberger Graben).
The start of this ditch is the Oderteich reservoir, which is part of the Upper Harz Water Regale. The large water wheel (with a 12 m diameter), which drove the man engine until 1922, is only powered by water today for demonstration purposes; an electric motor has taken over the operation of the man engine.
In 1950 the Samson Pit Mining Museum opened and, since 2001, the Harzer Roller Canary Museum has been located in the horse gin (Gaipel) at the pithead.