Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
Parc Astérix is a theme amusement park in France, based on the stories of Asterix (by Albert Uderzo and René Goscinny). Situated approximately 35 km (22 mi) north of Paris and 32 km (20 mi) from Disneyland Resort Paris, in Plailly in the département of Oise, it opened in 1989. The park is operated by Compagnie des Alpes. It is especially well known for its large variety of roller coasters, and has begun incorporating rides and themes from historic cultures such as the Romans and the ancient Greeks.
- There are many attractions and shows including:
- Tonnerre de Zeus, a wooden roller coaster (1997).
- Goudurix, a large steel multi-looping coaster, built by Vekoma (1989).
- Oxygénarium, a Spinning Rapids : large, twisting water slide with round inflatable dinghies (1999).
- Transdémonium, a ghost train filled with special effects (2003).
- la Trace du Hourra, a 900m bobsled roller coaster, with cars that reach 80 km/h (2001).
- la Galère, a swinging ship (1989).
- Menhir express, a Menhir-themed log flume ride with a 13m high final drop (1995).
- Grand splatch, Shoot-the-Chutes (1989).
- Romus et Rapidus, a river rafting ride (1989).
- OzIris, a inverted roller coaster, built by Bolliger & Mabillard (2012)
- Le Défi de César, a mad house (2008)
- Tonnerre de Zeus is a roller coaster at Parc Astérix in Plailly, France. Opened in 1997 and b…
- Senlis is a French commune located in the Oise department near Paris. It has a long and rich…
- The Chateau de Chantilly is a historic château located in the town of Chantilly, France. It co…