The château de Pirou is a castle in the commune of Pirou, in the département of Manche France. The castle of Pirou was initially built of wood, then of stone in the 12th century and belonged to the lords of Pirou; it was constructed near the shore of the English Channel, and used to watch upon the West coast of the Cotentin, to protect the town of Coutances.
The castle was transformed into a farm during the 18th century, and then began to deteriorate. In 1968 the castle was listed in the Inventaire supplémentaire des Monuments historiques by the French Ministry of Culture. The restoration was begun on the initiative of the abbot Marcel Lelégard (1925-1994).