The Chateau de Biron is a castle in the French commune of Biron in the valley of the Lede, a tributary of the Lot River in the département of Dordogne in Perigord, part of the region of Aquitaine. It was the chateau from which the Gontaut-Biron took their name, their seat from the twelfth century. Biron was seized by the Cathars in 1211, retaken by Simon IV de Montfort the following year. The Plantagenets held it at times during the 14th and 15th century. Biron was erected as a duche-pairie in 1598, for Charles de Gontaut, created duc de Biron.