Bouillante is a commune in the French overseas region and department of Guadeloupe, in the Lesser Antilles. With the end of the Ancien Regime, the civil authorities and religious leaders renamed the city Bouillante. Saint Louis, the religious character, is the patron saint of the commune.
Bouillante was founded about 1635 with the arrival of some of Guadeloupe's first colonists. It was originally named Islets à Goyaves ("Islet of Guavas") until the beginning of the 18th century, when the name was changed to Fontaines Bouillantes after the island's hot springs that were known for their therapeutic virtues.