Ain Shams University is an institute of higher education located in Cairo, Egypt. Founded in 1950, the university provides education at the undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels. In 1950, there were only eight faculties: faculty of Arts, faculty of law, faculty of Commerce, faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, faculty of Medicine, faculty of Agriculture, and Women's college. In 1969, the faculty of Education, known since 1880 as Teachers' college, became the ninth faculty in the university. In 1973 the faculty of Al-Alsun was made the tenth member in the university. However, the history of this faculty dates back to 1835.