The Museo de las Casas Reales, is one of the important cultural monuments built during the colonial era in la Hispanola. This monument is located in the Colonial district, of Santo Domingo
in the Dominican Republic
According to historians, this structure dates back to the sixteenth century, and it was built to house the administrative offices of the Spanish colonies in the Americas. The building was divided into two floors. On the first floor was the Royal Court, which was the first podium of the New World
, and on the second floor, was the Captaincy General.
The Museum of the Royal Houses or Royal Palaces, as it was called during the colonial era, was to host two palaces, which date back to the sixteenth century. The royal palace was built by orders of the Spanish Crown, represented by King Fernando de Aragon on October 5 of 1511, which was built to house the main government offices of the era.
This building was named as the Royal Houses, as it was the Royal Court, which was the first court of the New World, was also used as the residence of the Governors and General Captains of the time.