Cesky Sternberk is a market town in the Czech Republic. Cesky Sternberk Castle rests on the cliffs high above the town. The village was founded during the 13th century around Cesky Sternberk Castle.
Along with the castle, the village expanded to its present form in 1901 and it became linked by railway. Many tourists began arriving to visit its castle. The village is situated 310 m above sea level at the bend of the Sazava River.
Neighboring communities are Cerenice to the north, Malovidy, Zalibena and Otryby to the east, Cejkovice and Sobesin to the southeast, Radonice to the south and Sternov and Drahnovice to the northwest.