Vrbnik (Italian: Verbenico, German: Vörbnick) is a Croatian village perched on a rocky outcrop by the Adriatic Sea on the east coast of the island of Krk. Originally a walled village, Vrbnik was established in medieval times. It is known for its local wine called Zlahtina. It has a population of 944 (2001); there are a total of 1,245 people in the municipality of Vrbnik, which includes three other nearby villages (Garica with 149 inhabitants (2001), Kampelje with 6 inhabitants (2001), and Risika with 146 inhabitants (2001).
Places of cultural significance include the Vitezić library, the Gothic Chapel of the Rosary and the Chapel of St. John in the Parish Church of the Assumption, and a collection of ancient manuscripts and Glagolitic documents housed at the parish church.
The Vrbnik Statute (Croatian: Statut Grada Vrbnika) was written in 1388, and confirms the status of Vrbnik as an administrative and political center. The village is also known through the folksong "Verbniče nad moren" or "Verbniče nad moru" (Oh Vrbnik over the Sea), sung as far away as White Carniola in Slovenia.