The Museum was founded in 1953. It is located in the First Postal and Telegraphic Palace of Croatia (1904). It collects, deals with, stores, exhibits and publishes material and objects that show the historical development of postal and telecommunications traffic in Croatia. The permanent exhibition depicts the historical development of telecommunications and postal traffic in Croatia. The most valuable exhibit is a post coach that plied routes in the area of Istria at the end of the 19th century.