The Tianjin Railway Station is the principal railway station in Tianjin, China. It was built in 1888, was rebuilt in 1987-1988, and restructured in 2007-2008.Since August 1, 2008, it serves as the terminus for high-speed trains to the city, including the Beijing–Tianjin Intercity Railway, which can reach speeds above 350 km/h.
In 1888, the Kaiping Tramway and Imperial Railways of North China was extended to Tianjin and was subsequently renamed as the Jintang Railway . The Tianjin Railway became the first Train station completed in China at the time. Construction of the railroad had begun in 1886 and was situated near the Hai River. On May 10, 1888. On May 1891, a larger station was built 500 metres to the west and a civil structure contained a three-storey building.
The "Old Dragon Head" Railway Station was destroyed during the Boxer Rebellion Incident. In June 1900, the Eight-Nation Alliance besieged Tianjin and battled the Boxers in the black bamboo forest outside the British and French Concession. During the ten days of fighting, the Station buildings were also destroyed. By July 1900, the armies of the Eight-Nation Alliance occupied Tianjin and the east coast of the rail station became the occupied zone of the Russian army. By December that same year, the Russian Concession was opened and the rail station was now located within the boundaries of the concession. This was strongly opposed by the British and in the end, through the intermediation of Germany, the Russians eventually gave in.