Fuerte Bulnes is a Chilean fort located by the Strait of Magellan, 62 km south of Punta Arenas. It was founded in 1843 over a rocky hill at Punta Santa Ana, under the command of President Manuel Bulnes Prieto.
The fort's construction was a consequence of the colonization policies in Southern Chile. Chiloé's intendant (governor) Domingo Espiñeira Riesco ordered the construction of a schooner named after the President himself, but its name was changed to "Goleta Ancud" by Bulnes in order to reflect the origin of the ship. It sailed from Ancud on May 22, 1843, under the orders of Captain Juan Williams (changed to Chilean version Juan Guillermos, under which name he signed documents), and it arrived at Punta Santa Ana on September 21, 1843, about 2 km from Puerto del Hambre.