The Ross House Museum is a museum in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The museum (c. 1852-5), is on the Canadian Register of Historic Places. Construction of the log house began in 1852 on the bank of the Red River at the foot of present day Market Avenue. It was the first post office in Western Canada with the appointment of Ross as Post Master in 1855 by the Council of Assiniboia.
The building was saved from demolition in 1947 by the Manitoba Historical Society and moved to Higgins Ave across from the C.P.R. station. There it was restored with the land and house containing artifacts, monuments and markers relevant to the early history of Manitoba. In 1984 the house was once more moved, this time to its present location at Joe Zuken Heritage Park in Point Douglas.The Museum is affiliated with: CMA, CHIN, and Virtual Museum of Canada.