Midland is a town located on Georgian Bay in Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada. The town of Midland was founded when, in 1871, the Midland Railway of Canada selected the sparsely populated community of Mundy's Bay as the new terminus of the Midland railway. At that time the Midland railway ran from Port Hope to Beaverton.
The town site was surveyed in 1872-3 and the line to the town was completed by 1879. Settlers, attracted by the convenience of rail service, soon began to move into the area. The company sold off lots in town (Midland City) to help finance the settlement. The village (incorporated in 1878) thrived based on Georgian Bay shipping and the lumber and grain trade. Incorporated into a town in 1890, a number of light industrial companies have established themselves in the area and tourism in the southern Georgian Bay area also contributes to the economy.