Gabra is a village in Western Bulgaria, part of Elin Pelin municipality, Sofia Province. The village is located in the valley between the mountains Sredna Gora and Lozenska Planina. There is а church, a primary school and chitalishte. Near-by the village there is a small orthodox monastery called Saint Demetrius (Bulgarian: Свети Димитър). The original name of the village is Chukurovo. Since 1934 it is changed to Gabra. The name Gabra derives from the European Hornbeam.