The Estádio do Canindé, also known as Estádio Oswaldo Teixeira Duarte, is a football stadium inaugurated on January 11, 1956 in Canindé neighborhood, São Paulo, São Paulo state, with a maximum capacity of 21,004 spectators. Although the stadium maximum capacity is 28,500 people, due to a Paulista Football Federation decision, and following FIFA requirements, Canindé stadium had its maximum capacity reduced to 25,470 spectators. As of 2011, it has a maximum capacity of 21,004. The stadium is owned by Associação Portuguesa de Desportos. Its formal name honors Oswaldo Teixeira Duarte, a former president of Portuguesa.
The stadium was built after Portuguesa bought in 1956, from São Paulo Futebol Clube, a groundplot located in Canindé neighborhood. At that time, the groundplot had only a training field, a restaurant with a great hall, dressing-rooms and other minor installations. To be able to host games, following the requirements of Federação Paulista de Futebol, were built an area surrounded with a wire fence, an official football field and provisional wood bleachers, which gave the stadium the nickname "Ilha da Madeira" (Island of the Wood, in English).